Our keynotes are super entertaining and serious at the same time. They contain practical exercises that engage and energize participants and let them experience the message – not just hear it.
There is a constant shift between presentation, videos, reflection, dialog and exercises so that participants receive the message in many different forms.
The keynote gives participants everything they need to start creating a happier and more productive workplace, including:
- Knowledge about happiness at work based on the latest research.
- Specific tools they can start using right away. We try several of those tools as part of the keynote.
- The energy and will to actually make a change.
- A great, positive shared experience.
The exact contents depend on your group’s needs and interest. We will go through the most important points about happiness at work and give participants a solid grounding on the topic. Contents include:
- What is happiness at work?
- Why is happiness at work so important for each of us?
- Why happy companies make more money.
- What makes us happy at work – and no, it’s not raises, bonuses and perks.
- The most pernicious myths about happiness at work,
- What makes us unhappy at work and how to avoid it.
- My happiness at work is my responsibility. I can’t just sit around and wait for my boss or my coworkers to make me happy.
- Simple tools anyone can use to become happier at work.
More than just a keynote
You get more than just a keynote. We will help you to get the most out of it and create a positive change in your organization
- As soon as you make the booking we will send you a confirmation so we have all the practical details and pricing confirmed.
- We will also arrange a telephone conference where we can learn more about the audience, the current situation of the workplace and what participants should ideally take away.
- We can also measure the participants’ happiness at work with an online survey. The survey only takes 2 minutes to complete and is 100% anonymous and confidential. It gives us an insight into the strengths and challenges of the group and helps us further tailor the content. We will show the results as part of the keynote. You can see a sample survey here.
- The day after the keynote we will send you all materials, including slides, videos and a selection of relevant links/articles. All of this can be shared freely with participants and it’s important that you pass it on to them as soon as possible.
- A week after the event we will arrange a telephone conference where we will give suggestions to how your workplace can act to follow up on the keynote.
- 2-3 months after the event we can measure participants’ happiness at work again using the same survey to see how much it has gone up.
All of the above is included in the speaker fee.
We can include many specific topics on the keynote, depending on the group’s needs and interests. Some of the most requested topics are:
ChangesMany companies face a rapid rate of large scale change due to eg. mergers, reorganizations or growth. This often creates uncertainty and stress making employees unhappy. But it doesn’t have to. Learn how to keep the organization happy even in the face of large-scale changes.
BusynessMost workplaces are busy these days and it can be devastating to employees to see that there is always too much to do and that no matter how hard or effectively they work, they keep falling behind. We give tips and tools on how to deal positively with busyness and stay happy at work even when things get really busy.
CrisesCrises, cost cuts and layoffs normally lead to a massive decline in happiness at work. And what’s worse, this can become self-reinforcing so that the frustration and stress creates a vicious cycle where the creativity, energy and enthusiasm required to lift the organization out of the crisis is drowned out by hopelessness and complaining. We show you how to avoid this and also share why happy workplaces are much more likely to survive and potentially even thrive in tough times.
Much better meetingsHave you ever come out of a meeting and thought “I want those two hours of my life back?” Employees and managers spend more and more time in meetings but unfortunately much of that time is wasted leading to inefficiency and unhappiness. We will give you the recipe for meetings that are not only more fun but also accomplish much more in a lot less time.
Performance through happinessMany workplaces are trying to introduce a performance culture but often face resistance because employees see it as a sign of control and lack of trust. We will show you how to create a performance culture that actually increases employee happiness and leads to higher satisfaction and better results.
Feedback: praise, recognition and criticismFeedback – both positive and negative – is essential for creating a happier workplace but many workplaces struggle with this. We show you how to make feedback (especially praise and recognition) an ingrained part of the culture.
Practical information about the keynote
Number of participants: No upper limit.
Duration: 1-2 hours.