How we work
Our work is 100% evidence-based. We are constantly collecting the most important scientific research from psychology, sociology, neuroscience and management studies and use them as the foundation for all our work. We have also conducted a number of studies ourselves to help uncover what makes a workplace happy or unhappy.
This does not mean that our keynotes and workshops are dry and boring – far from it. We present our message in a highly engaging and entertaining way – but it does give our clients the certainty that we will never present claims that we can’t back up with proof. It also gives our sessions more credibility with groups who might otherwise be skeptical.
HERE ARE THE TOP 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HAPPINESS AT WORK
- Studies show that happiness at work may be the most important success factor for a modern workplace and that happy companies make more money!
- Happiness at work is one of the 3 most important sources of happiness in life.
- Happiness at work is the best antidote to stress. Stress doesn’t necessarily come from working too much but from feeling bad while you work.
- Increasing employee happiness dramatically reduces absenteeism and employee turnover.
- In all the world, only the Scandinavian languages have a widely used word for happiness at work. In Danish the word is arbejdsglaede.
- Your happiness at work is your responsibility. Not your boss’s, not your co-workers’ and not society’s. Yours.
- Your boss and your workplace are responsible for creating a setting and culture where it’s easy to be happy at work.
- Happiness at work doesn’t only come from the organization’s policies, strategies, plans or values. It comes from the things that you and I do here and now.
- Happiness at work doesn’t come from raises, bonuses or perks. It comes from two things: Results and Relationships, ie. doing great work together with great people.
- Happiness at work doesn’t just happen. It takes a focused, long-term effort from management and employees together.
READ OUR BLOG
You’ll find lots of inspiration, articles and ideas on our international blog
The Chief Happiness Officer.
OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ABOUT HAPPINESS AT WORK
See a list of the business books that have inspired us the most about happiness at work.